Check Vietnam Visa Requirements for Canadian Citizens 2023
Vietnam is among the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Canadians and travelers from all over the globe go there in droves. There are a lot of fascinating things to do in Vietnam, which is something that numerous tourists who are now traveling or have traveled in the past already know.
When you have a passport from Canada, going to Vietnam is straightforward and uncomplicated. Owing to the new e-visa policy, visitors visiting Vietnam will have a much easier time making the most of their time spent here. To begin with, we are providing this service so that you and we may get more familiar with one another.
A preferred visa option is available for Canadian citizens who are interested in traveling to Vietnam. Continue reading to learn more about the Vietnam eVisa for Canadian travelers, including the requirements, the processing time, and the visa fee with the Vietnam Immigration Services.
How To Apply For eVisa For Vietnam From Canada?
Travelers from Canada visit Vietnam to enjoy the diverse landscapes, fascinating history, and kind people. Many readers of this post who are current or previous tourists will know that Vietnam has a lot to offer.
Since Canada is not on the exemption list for the Vietnam e Visa, Canadian travelers need to have a valid visa to enter the country. Traveling to Vietnam with a Canadian passport is easy and hassle-free. Vietnam eVisa is now readily accessible for any Canadian nationals wishing to enter the country. In order to make the most of their stay in Vietnam, visitors may take advantage of our visa policy. First and foremost, we're offering this service to better get to know you.
How Long Can Canadians Stay In Vietnam With The eVisa?
As a Canadian citizen, you are eligible to apply for a visa online. This type of visa allows Canadians to stay in Vietnam for 30 days with a single entry. The validity period for the Vietnam e-Visa begins from the date specified in the approved e-Visa document. A new visa and travel authorization are required before you may return to Vietnam.
Vietnam eVisa Requirements For Canadian Citizens
Vietnam is a welcoming country to visitors from throughout the world. For Canadian nationals, visas are necessary for admission into Vietnam. Fortunately, an e-visa is now available for Canadian citizens.
You need to prepare the following documents to apply for a Vietnam eVisa:
- A Canadian passport that has a minimum validity of 06 months from the intended date in Vietnam.
- The passport should have at least 02 unused pages for verification stamps.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- 01 photo used in passport (Any size you have)/ person
We provide full country-check Vietnam visa requirements services for applicants coming from over the world. You can check freely at our Vietnam Immigration Services website.
Applying For An eVisa To Vietnam
The process to apply for a visa to Vietnam is simple. The online application procedure takes you only 15 minutes to complete. You will get an email with all of the relevant visa information after you have been accepted.
Follow the 04 basic steps below:
- Step 1: Fill out the secure online application form, providing personal information such as full name, gender, birth date, passport number, and date of arrival/departure. Step 2: Please double-check your information to confirm it is correct and full. Pay the eVisa fee using an electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal).
- Step 3: Receive the confirmation of your visa application form via email. The e-Visa will be processed and granted online before being mailed to you.
- Step 4: Once you receive your Vietnam eVisa via email, you should download and print it out. Have your visa stamped in your passport upon arrival.
How Much Does It Cost For Vietnam eVisa From Canada?
A cost is levied for acquiring a Vietnam visa: the Visa service fee and Visa Government Fee.
The Government fee is compulsory for all Canadian citizens who would like to obtain a visa.
Vietnam stands out as one of the few countries that offers a low-cost visa option. When you compare pricing, you may select the most suitable option while keeping it inside your budget. Vietnam Immigration & e Visa Portal provides 03 types of visa services from which you can choose:
- Normal service: This option is suitable if you have a limited budget. You will get your visa decision within 03 business days.
- Urgent service: With this service, you will receive your Vietnam eVisa in 02 working days.
- Super Urgent service: Right now, this is the most expedient option. You can expect to receive your Vietnam e-visa within 24 hours.
In addition, international travel insurance is required by the Government to process the visa. You are covered for diagnostic and follow-up treatment after an emergency visit.
The Embassy of Vietnam In Canada
Registering with the Vietnam Embassy in Canada gives the government of the Principality of Canada access to your personal data. Canadians residing in Vietnam on a temporary basis, as well as international tourists passing through, are both welcome at the Vietnamese Embassy in Canada.
Vietnam Visa Requirements for Canada Citizens FAQs
Because Canada is not on the exemption list for Vietnam visas, Canadian citizens need to have a valid visa before entering Vietnam.
There are two ways for Canadian citizens to get a visa for Vietnam:
- Canadian travelers who wish to visit Vietnam for tourism, or casual visits to their family, and friends can apply for an electronic visa. Vietnam e-Visa is a travel document that allows Canadians to enter Vietnam legally. It is valid for 30 days from the intended arrival date that is specified in the application form. Check eligibility for a Vietnam visa before applying.
- Those visiting Vietnam for reasons other than tourism should contact the nearest Vietnam Embassy in Canada to apply for a regular visitor visa.
To make the process easier for you, the Vietnam Immigration Services is here to help Canadian nationals. Because the entire process is online, Canadian citizens do not need to queue in a long line at the Embassy to obtain a visa. This will help them save a lot of time and effort. Once the visa is issued, it will be sent to the email address of the applicants.
The process to apply for a visa to Vietnam is simple. Before beginning the process, Canadian travelers should make sure that their passport has at least 06 months of validity remaining from the arrival date in Vietnam. To expedite and simplify the visa application process, the Vietnam Immigration Services has designed a very simple application form for applicants. It takes Canadian citizens only 15 minutes to complete.
Step 1: Fill out the secure online application form, providing personal information such as full name, gender, the birth date, passport number, and date of arrival/departure.
Step 2: Canadian citizens should double-check information to confirm it is correct and full. After that, they will pay the e-visa fee using electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal).
Step 3: Receive the confirmation of their visa application form via email. The e-Visa will be processed and granted online before being mailed to the applicant.
Step 4: Once Canadian citizens receive their Vietnam eVisa via email, they should download and print it out. Have your visa stamped in your passport upon arrival at the entry port. Canadian travelers can enter Vietnam through 03 main ports: airport, landport, or seaport. They should choose the one that best suits their travel plan.
Canadian nationals need a visa to enter Vietnam because their country is not on the visa exemption list.
Fortunately, Canadian citizens are eligible for a Vietnam electronic visa. With an eVisa, Canadian passport holders enter Vietnam legally and remain there for up to 30 days. Also, this visa is single entry, and only valid for reasons: tourism, casual visit to relatives, or business in Vietnam.
The Vietnam eVisa requirements for Canadian citizens are simple as the following:
- A passport that remains valid for 06 months from the arrival date in Vietnam. The passports should contain at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page (with full information, not missing any details or lines).
- A personal color photo of the applicant ( with full face and formal clothes)
- An email address to receive the eVisa and a stable Internet connection.
While most countries require a visa for Vietnam, there are certain countries that are excluded from the Vietnam visa requirements. Citizens of some countries can travel to and stay in Vietnam without a visa for the specified number of days. The visa exemption list is divided into three categories: 14 days visa-free, 15 days visa-free, 21 days visa-free, and 30 days visa-free.
Visitors from most other ASEAN countries (Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand) can visit Vietnam without a visa for up to 30 days.
The 15 days visa-free policy is applied to the following countries: Citizens of the Republic of Belarus, the United Kingdom of Denmark, the Italian Republic, Japan, the Republic of Finland, the French Republic, Federal Republic of Germany, the Kingdom of Norway, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Korea, the Kingdom of Spain, the Kingdom of Sweden, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Citizens of these countries can also apply for a visa to Vietnam online if their trips are longer than 15 days.
Brunei and Myanmar are granted a 14-day visa-free. If they want to stay in Vietnam longer than this period, they will require a visa.
Citizens of the Republic of the Philippines can travel to Vietnam and stay there for up to 21 days without a visa.
The eVisa will be sent to the email address of the applicant once it is granted by the Vietnamese Immigration Department. After receiving the Vietnam eVisa for Canadian citizens, they should print out their visas. Upon arrival, the Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint will require Canadian travelers to show their visas along with their valid passports before permitting them to enter the country.
Typically, Canadian applicants will receive their visa in 01 to 03 business days, depending on the visa service they selected in their application form. The Vietnam Immigration Services provides Canadians with 03 options for the processing time of their visa:
- Normal service: This option is suitable if Canadian travelers have a limited budget. They will get their visa decision within 03 business days.
- Urgent service: With this service, the applicants will receive their Vietnam eVisa in 02 working days.
- Super Urgent service: Right now, this is the most expedient option. Canadian citizens can expect to receive their Vietnam e-visa within 24 hours.