Vietnam Visa For Hong Kong citizens
People from Hong Kong who want to travel to Vietnam can now obtain the relevant documents. The Vietnamese Government hopes to make it easier for visitors to enter the country by providing a Vietnam visa for Hong Kong as soon as visitors arrive. We are delighted to be able to offer you this service as part of our continued efforts to strengthen the strong relationships that exist between our two countries.
Vietnam is a lovely country with a diverse ethnic population and cultural customs. It is also a popular tourist site for visitors from throughout the world. If you're planning a trip to Vietnam in the near future, you'll need to apply for a visa.
It's critical to determine what type of visa you'll be able to apply for before departing on your holiday. Hong Kong residents must have a valid visa to visit Vietnam. Fortunately, Vietnam eVisa is now available for Hong Kong citizens who would like to stay in Vietnam for a short period of time. Apply now at the Vietnam Immigration Services.
Do Hong Kong Visitors Need Visas To Enter Vietnam?
If Hong Kong residents desire to visit Vietnam, they must apply for a Vietnam visa for Hong Kong well in advance. This is because Hong Kong is not on the exemption list of Vietnam visas.
Hong Kong travelers can use an e-Visa to visit Vietnam for tourism, business purposes within 01 month.
How Long Can You Stay In Vietnam With The eVisa?
As a Hong Kong citizen, you can enter and remain in Vietnam for up to 30 days using an eVisa. This type of visa is valid for 01 month from the date specified in the approved e-Visa document. You cannot enter Vietnam before or after the validity period specified in your e-Visa.
Vietnam e-visa allows a single entry into the country, which means if you leave the country and want to return, you need to apply for a new entry visa.
What Are The Vietnam eVisa Requirements For Hong Kong Visitors?
Hong Kong citizens can apply for a visa online well in advance of their planned travel date. You need to prepare the following documents to apply for a Vietnam eVisa:
- A Hong Kong passport that has a minimum validity of 06 months from the intended arrival date in Vietnam.
- The passport should have at least 02 unused pages for verification stamps.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- 01 photo used in passport (Any size you have)/ person
What Is The Vietnam eVisa Procedure?
The process to apply for a visa to Vietnam is straightforward. It should take no more than 15 minutes to complete the online application. Follow 04 basic steps as below:
- Step 1: Fill out the secure online application form. In this step, you must provide information for the visa including the number of applicants, type of visa, purpose of visit, port of arrival, and the processing time. After that, provide personal information such as full name, gender, the birth date, passport number, and date of arrival/departure.
- Step 2: Please double-check your information to confirm it is correct and full. Any errors or unmatched information may result in the delays of your visa application. Pay the e visa fee using electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal).
- Step 3: Receive the confirmation of your visa application form via email. The e-Visa will be processed and granted online before being mailed to you.
- Step 4: Once you receive your Vietnam eVisa via email, you should download and print it out. Have your visa stamped in your passport upon arrival.
Vietnam eVisa Fee For Hong Kong Travelers
There are two types of visa fee you need to pay when applying for a Vietnam evisa: the Government fee and the Service fee.
Hong Kong applicants have to pay the Government fee since their country of origin is not exempt for Vietnam visa.
The Service fee is charged depending on the processing time you choose for your visa application. Currently, Vietnam Immigration e-Visa Portal offers customers 03 types of visa services, including:
- Normal: If you choose this option for a routine review, you will receive a response on your residence permit within three business days.
- Urgent: Shorten the time it takes to apply for a visa as much as possible. For the next two days, your visa will be sent to your email address.
- Super urgent: This service takes you as little as 24 hours to process your visa.
Some customers may just require this service for a few hours, while others may have to wait several days.
For the payment methods, you can use PayPal, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. In addition, you need to purchase travel insurance because it is required by the Vietnamese Government to process your visa. Not to mention, it can ensure a safe and enjoyable stay in Vietnam. If you're only planning on remaining in Vietnam for a short time, short-term protection is the best option.
Embassy of Vietnam in Hong Kong:
Hong Kong citizens traveling to Vietnam for purposes other than tourism, business must obtain a regular visa at the
. For Hong Kong residents traveling to and from Vietnam, the Vietnamese Embassy in Hong Kong functions as a transit point.
Vietnam Visa Requirements for Hong Kong Citizens FAQs
Yes. In 2023, residents of Hong Kong who wish to visit Vietnam must apply for a Vietnam visa for Hong Kong well in advance. This is because Hong Kong is not on the Vietnam visa exemption list.
Hong Kong holders can apply for a Vietnam visa in 02 ways:
- Apply to the Vietnam Embassy.
- Apply for a Vietnam e-Visa for short trips for leisure, sightseeing reasons
If you choose to apply for a regular visa, you have to go to the embassy in Hong Kong. However, with a Vietnam e-Visa, you do not need to visit the Embassy and just stay at home to apply. You have to make sure to adapt to visa requirements:
- Hong Kong passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of arrival.
- There are two blank pages in the passport for visa stamps.
If you plan to make a travel trip to Vietnam, Vietnam e-Visa is a wonderful choice. Its convenience will help visa holders save time and effort. Apply now.
Because Hong Kong does not belong to the Vietnam visa exemption list, a Vietnam visa is required. Hong Kong citizens have two options for obtaining a Vietnam visa:
- Directly apply to the Vietnam Embassy.
- Apply for a Vietnam e-Visa.
We strongly advise you to apply for a Vietnam e-Visa because of its convenience. For your trip, getting a visa online is the best option. You need to meet the Vietnam e-Visa requirements. Apply for a traditional visa instead if your circumstances do not meet the requirements. It is advised that you investigate the location at the Check Vietnam Embassy.
Before applying, each holder must gather all necessary documents; please keep the following in mind:
- A Hong Kong passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Vietnam, and it must have at least two blank pages for verification stamps.
- A scan of the passport's biographical page
- 01 passport photo per person
- A contact email address
The application form must be truthfully completed. Simply stay at home and fill out the application form. Please go to our website and follow the steps by clicking on Apply Visa:
- Fill out the application form
- Make a payment for your visa application.
- A Vietnam visa will be emailed to you.
- Download and print your e-Visa to receive a stamp at the international airport.
Vietnam visa exemption (also known as Vietnam visa waiver or Vietnam visa-free) refers to a situation in which a foreign national is allowed to enter Vietnam and stay for a specified period of time without having to follow any Vietnam visa procedure because the Vietnam government has signed a bilateral/unilateral visa exemption agreement with his/her country.
As of January 2022, Vietnam accepts citizens who come from 25 countries that do not need visas for Vietnam. However, citizenship determines the length of stay, which ranges from 15 to 90 days. A visa is also required if your stay in Vietnam exceeds the maximum allowed time
Other countries that are not visa-free in Vietnam must obtain a visa in order to enter legally, including Hong Kong. There are two options for obtaining a visa to Vietnam:
- Apply to the Vietnam Embassy in Hong Kong directly.
- Apply for a Vietnam visa online via a travel agency.
What's the minimum requirement of the HKSAR passport validity to enter Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City) by air?
Vietnam e-Visa is the best solution for travel lovers from over the world. The visa application process is simple and there is no need to visit the embassy or consulate. Vietnam e-Visa has its own requirements that you have to adapt to. There are many required documents for a visa application, but the minimum requirement of the HKSAR passport validity to enter Vietnam by air is a national passport that is valid for at least 06 months. The passport must have 02 blank pages to get stamps.
In addition to the passport, you have to provide the following documents:
- A scan of the biographical page of the passport
- 01 passport photo person
- An electronic mail address
- Debit or credit card to pay the eVisa fees
When entering Vietnam, you have to show your passport and Vietnam e-Visa to the airline staff to check your eligibility. Your entry can be rejected if you forget your passport and visa. Kindly pay attention.
The Vietnam Government launched a Vietnam e-Visa that is valid as a single entry authorization. The Vietnam e-visa fees for Hong Kong citizens include 02 types of fees: the government fee and the service fee.
The Government fee is 55$ per applicant. The fee is not refundable no matter if your visa is approved. The service fee depends on the types of services and the number of people. The Vietnam e-Visa service fee is 39$ per person for normal service (the processing time is 03 business days). If your timeline is rushed and having no time for waiting, we will support you to reduce the processing time through the:
- Urgent service: The visa processing time is reduced. The e-visa will be delivered within two business days. You need to pay an extra fee to use this service
- Super urgent: This service permits you to obtain a visa in as little as a few hours! This is the most convenient option right now. Your Vietnam e-visa should arrive within 24 hours. There is no need to wait an extended period of time to obtain a visa from this firm. You should note that this is also the most expensive option.
There are many different services available for your trip. We highly recommend you research for details on Vietnam visa fees. Remember to think carefully about your plan because any changes after payment will be charged as a new application.
For a valid Vietnam visa online, the process usually takes 01-03 working days depending on the service you use including Normal, Urgent, and Super Urgent. Take into consideration the options below:
Normal: This is the default option; your e-Visa will be processed within 03 business days. This option is appropriate for everyone.
Urgent: If your schedule is tight, we will extend the timeline and process your e-Visa within 02 days.
Super urgent: This option is used for cases that require immediate attention and cannot wait. Your e-Visa application will be processed within 24 hours.
We appreciate your patience, and we will do our best to help you if the processing time takes much longer. To avoid unforeseen delays that disrupt your plans, please apply as early as possible, at least three days before your flight.