Vietnam Visa Requirements For Hong Kong: New Updates 2024
People from Hong Kong who want to travel to Vietnam can now obtain the relevant documents. The Vietnamese Government hopes to make it easier for visitors to enter the country by providing a Vietnam visa for Hong Kong as soon as visitors arrive. We are delighted to be able to offer you this service as part of our continued efforts to strengthen the strong relationships that exist between our two countries.
Vietnam is a lovely country with a diverse ethnic population and cultural customs. It is also a popular tourist site for visitors from throughout the world. If you're planning a trip to Vietnam in the near future, you'll need to apply for a visa.
It's critical to determine what type of visa you'll be able to apply for before departing on your holiday. Hong Kong residents must have a valid visa to visit Vietnam. Fortunately, Vietnam eVisa is now available for Hong Kong citizens who would like to stay in Vietnam for a short period of time. Apply now at the Vietnam Immigration Services.
Do Hong Kong Visitors Need Visas To Enter Vietnam?
If Hong Kong residents want to visit Vietnam, they must apply for a Vietnam visa for Hong Kong well in advance. This is because Hong Kong is not on the exemption list for Vietnam visas.
Hong Kong travelers can use an e-Visa to visit Vietnam for tourism, and business purposes within 01 month.
How Long Can You Stay In Vietnam With The eVisa?
As a Hong Kong citizen, you can enter and remain in Vietnam for up to 90 days using an eVisa. This type of visa is valid for 90 days from the date specified in the approved e-Visa document. You cannot enter Vietnam before or after the validity period specified in your e-Visa.
As of 2023, Vietnam e-visa allows a single entry or multiple entries into the country, which means if you leave the country and want to return, you need to apply for a new entry visa.
What Are The Vietnam eVisa Requirements For Hong Kong Visitors?
Hong Kong citizens can apply for a visa online well in advance of their planned travel date. You need to prepare the following documents to apply for a Vietnam eVisa:
- A Hong Kong passport that has a minimum validity of 06 months from the intended arrival date in Vietnam.
- The passport should have at least 02 unused pages for verification stamps.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- 01 photo used in passport (Any size you have)/ person
What Is The Vietnam eVisa Procedure?
The process to apply for a visa to Vietnam is straightforward. It should take no more than 15 minutes to complete the online application. Follow the 04 basic steps below:
- Step 1: Fill out the secure online application form. In this step, you must provide information for the visa including the number of applicants, type of visa, purpose of visit, port of arrival, and the processing time. After that, provide personal information such as full name, gender, birth date, passport number, and date of arrival/departure.
- Step 2: Please double-check your information to confirm it is correct and full. Any errors or unmatched information may result in delays in your visa application. Pay the eVisa fee using an electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal).
- Step 3: Receive the confirmation of your visa application form via email. The e-Visa will be processed and granted online before being mailed to you.
- Step 4: Once you receive your Vietnam eVisa via email, you should download and print it out. Have your visa stamped in your passport upon arrival.
Vietnam eVisa Fee For Hong Kong Travelers
There are two types of visa fees you need to pay when applying for a Vietnam eVisa: the Government fee and the Service fee.
Hong Kong applicants have to pay the Government fee since their country of origin is not exempt from a Vietnam visa.
The Service fee is charged depending on the processing time you choose for your visa application. Currently, the Vietnam Immigration e-Visa Portal offers customers 03 types of visa services, including:
- Normal: If you choose this option for a routine review, you will receive a response on your residence permit within three business days.
- Urgent: Shorten the time it takes to apply for a visa as much as possible. For the next two days, your visa will be sent to your email address.
- Super urgent: This service takes you as little as 24 hours to process your visa.
Some customers may just require this service for a few hours, while others may have to wait several days.
For payment methods, you can use PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. In addition, you need to purchase travel insurance because it is required by the Vietnamese Government to process your visa. Not to mention, it can ensure a safe and enjoyable stay in Vietnam. If you're only planning on remaining in Vietnam for a short time, short-term protection is the best option.
Embassy of Vietnam in Hong Kong:
Hong Kong citizens traveling to Vietnam for purposes other than tourism, and business must obtain a regular visa at the Vietnam embassy in Hong Kong. For Hong Kong residents traveling to and from Vietnam, the Vietnamese Embassy in Hong Kong functions as a transit point.