Vietnam Visa Requirements For Iceland: New Updates 2023
- Why do Icelandic residents need visas to enter Vietnam?
- What is the maximum term of stay for Icelandic citizens in Vietnam?
- Vietnam visa requirements for Icelandic citizens:
- How to obtain an e-visa to Vietnam for Iceland citizens?
- In Iceland, the cost of applying for a visa to Vietnam
- The Embassy of Vietnam in Iceland:
The stunning country of Vietnam is home to a large number of distinct ethnic groups, each with its own set of traditional customs. Additionally, it is a popular tourist attraction for visitors from throughout the globe, including Icelandic travelers. If you wish to travel to Vietnam for a brief amount of time, you will need a visa.
Icelanders who want to go to Vietnam may now obtain the required documentation. The Vietnamese Government wants to make it easier for tourists to enter the country by giving a Vietnam electronic visa. This article will focus on the Vietnam visa for Icelandic citizens including visa requirements, how to apply, and fees.
Vietnam visa for Iceland citizens
Why do Icelandic residents need visas to enter Vietnam?
Iceland is not on the exempt country list for Vietnam visas, so a Vietnam visa is REQUIRED.
Icelandic citizens can consider 02 options below to get a visa for Vietnam from Iceland:
- Visit the Vietnam Embassy to get a traditional visa. However, you have to find the nearest embassy in other countries to Iceland because there is no Vietnam embassy in Iceland
- Apply online for a 90-day Vietnam eVisa (recommended).
What is the maximum term of stay for Icelandic citizens in Vietnam?
With a valid Vietnam eVisa, Icelandic nationals can enter and remain in Vietnam for up to 90 days with a single or multiple entry. This type of visa has a 03-month validity period starting on the intended arrival date specified in the visa application form. You are not allowed to enter Vietnam earlier or after the expiration Visa's date.
For a visa valid from January 1, 2024, until March 30, 2024, its holder can enter Vietnam on any day between these 2 dates and must leave by March 30, 2024, unless the visa has been extended. In overstayed cases, the travelers will be fined heavily.
Vietnam visa requirements for Iceland citizens
Vietnam visa requirements for Icelandic citizens:
Applications for a visa to enter Vietnam can be submitted online by Icelandic citizens well in advance of their planned date of departure. You need to be prepared with the following documents before applying for a Vietnam eVisa:
- The passport issued by the government of Iceland has at least six months of validity left on it after the intended arrival date in Vietnam
- The passport should have at least two blank pages accessible for verification stamps.
- A photocopy of the section of the passport containing the holder's biographical information (full information, not missing any details or lines)
- 1 photograph of an individual, of any size, is required for each passport application. The photo is in color and contains the full face of the applicant wearing formal clothes.
How to obtain an e-visa to Vietnam for Iceland citizens?
The process of obtaining a visa for Vietnam is straightforward. It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to finish the online application. You should follow these four easy steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the secure Vietnam visa online application form. In this stage, you need to provide information about the visa, including the number of applicants, the kind of visa, the reason for the visit, the port of entry, and the processing time. After that, you are required to provide your complete name, gender, birthdate, passport number, arrival and departure dates, and any other personal information that may be requested.
- Step 2: Make a visa payment, and use electronic transfer (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal).
- Step 3: Receive an email verifying that your visa application has been sent to the Vietnam Immigration Services. We will ask you to send us the required documents to complete the process. The e-Visa will be processed and approved online before being mailed to you.
- Step 4: After receiving your Vietnam eVisa through email, you should remember to download and print it.
In Iceland, the cost of applying for a visa to Vietnam
You need to pay two separate sorts of Vietnam e-visa costs when applying for an e-visa: the Government fee and the Service Vietnam visa fee.
Icelandic applicants are required to pay the government fee since Iceland is not excluded from the Vietnam visa requirement.
There may be a service charge, depending on the processing time you choose for your visa application. Customers may now choose one of three distinct types of visa services through the Vietnam Immigration e-Visa Portal, including:
- Normal: If you choose this option, you will receive a response to your query for a normal examination of your eVisa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: With this kind of visa service, you will receive your visa through email at the address you gave within 02 working days.
- Super urgent: If you utilize this service, your visa will be completed in as short as 24 hours.
Some customers might only want this service for a short period of time, but others could require it for several days. It depends on the service price that you pay.
You can choose to pay for your visa fees with PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Additionally, you are strongly advised to obtain Vietnam travel insurance because the Vietnamese government requires it in order for them to process your visa application easier. Not to mention that it can make your stay in Vietnam safer and more comfortable. If you just want to visit Vietnam for a little period of time, your best option is to protect yourself.
Vietnam visa cost for Iceland citizens
The Embassy of Vietnam in Iceland:
Icelandic nationals who wish to go to Vietnam for any purpose other than business or tourism must get a normal visa from the Vietnam Embassy in Iceland. Icelandic nationals who are going to or from Vietnam can use the Vietnamese Embassy in Iceland as a transit stop on their way there or back.