Check Vietnam Visa Requirements For Japanese Citizens 2023
Vietnam travel is easy and hassle-free with a Vietnam eVisa for Japanese citizens. For entry into Japan, an eVisa is now available. Travelers may easily make the most of their stay in Vietnam thanks to our eVisa policies. First of all, we're offering you this service so that we may get to know one another better.
For Japanese nationals who are interested in traveling to Vietnam, there is an expedited visa option available. The typical steps required to get an eVisa will be skipped for these citizens in order to receive this special visa.
Why do I need a visa for Vietnam from Japan?
One of the most popular travel destinations in the world, Vietnam has a lot to offer and is blessed with amazing beaches and gorgeous scenery. The nation, which is in Southeast Asia, is well-known for its extensive past, vibrant present, and enduring customs. Additionally, it is a nation that has seen quick development and provides tourists with a variety of chances. Due of this, Vietnam is a desirable travel destination for people all over the world.
The fastest-growing tourism destination in Asia is reportedly Vietnam. With more foreign tourists arriving in recent years, Vietnam is progressing toward becoming a world tourism leader.
However, in order to enter the nation if you are a citizen of Japan, you must have a current visa. Japanese nationals can now get a Vietnamese visa online without going to an embassy or consulate.
How long can Japanese stay in Vietnam?
For 30 days, a Vietnam eVisa is valid. The Vietnam e-validity Visa's term starts on the date shown in your approved e-Visa document. Vietnam is accessible on any day throughout the validity period. The maximum stay allowed under this single entry visa is 30 days.
Before you may travel back to Vietnam, you must get both a fresh visa and a travel authorization.
Vietnam's visa requirements for Japanese citizens
Vietnam welcomes foreign visitors, particularly Japanese ones. To get a Vietnamese eVisa, you must present a verified copy of your passport.
If you wish to get an e-Visa to Vietnam, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- A passport issued in Japan that is valid for at least six months after the traveler's arrival in Vietnam and has at least two blank pages.
- A photocopy of the biographical page of the passport
- 1 photo per person (of any size) for the passport
- a mail-to: address
- Once you have all the required paperwork ready, you may begin applying for a Vietnamese eVisa.
Once you prepare enough necessary documents, you can start applying for a Vietnamese eVisa.
Vietnam eVisa for Japanese
How do Japanese citizens apply for an e-Visa to Vietnam?
Consider expedited processing if you need your visa quickly. Instead of using other methods, you may use our service in a matter of hours. The length of the online application process is 15 minutes. You will receive an email with all the relevant visa information after being accepted.
You only need to complete the following 4 simple steps in order to apply for an e-Visa to Vietnam:
- Step 1: complete the safe online application form. Fill complete the online forms at the Apply for Vietnam e-Visa page in order to process your e-Visa. You must provide all relevant personal data for each applicant, such as full name, gender, date of birth, passport number, and date of arrival and departure.
- Step 2: Verify that your information is accurate and complete by checking it again. Use electronic funds transfer to pay the e-visa charge (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal).
- Step 3: Get an email confirming the submission of your visa application. Before being shipped to you, the e-Visa will be processed and approved online.
- Step 4: Upon arrival, have your visa stamped in your passport. Do not forget to save and print the Vietnam e-Visa that we sent you through email.
Vietnam visa requirements for Japanese
The visa cost to Vietnam from Japan
When traveling for pleasure to another country, expenses are unavoidable. There are two different kinds of costs for getting an e-Visa (Visa service fee and Visa Stamping Fee).
The sum you must pay the Vietnamese government in order for them to approve your e-visa is known as the Government Fee.
Your choice of visa service will determine the Service price. Customers have three alternatives from the Vietnam Immigration & e-Visa Portal:
- Normal service: You must select this option if you need a decision on your visa within three working days.
- Urgent service: It is essential to reduce the time it takes to process visas. The e-visa will arrive in 02 business days.
- Super Urgent service: With this service, you might obtain a visa in as little as a few hours! This is the fastest choice at the moment. Your Vietnam e-visa should arrive in 24 hours or less. This company doesn't require you to wait a lengthy time to obtain a visa.
The number of payment options that take electronic money is expanding. Payment options include credit cards, American Express, and PayPal.
Travelers who intend to visit Vietnam and stay there for an extended amount of time must get travel insurance. While you are traveling outside of your own nation, health travel insurance for Vietnam will provide you a number of advantages. Additionally, after an emergency visit, you are also covered for diagnostic and follow-up care.
The visa cost to Vietnam from Japan
The Embassy of Vietnam in Japan:
In the event that you register with the Vietnam Embassy in Japan, it is possible that the government of the Principality of Japan will get personal information about you. At the Vietnamese Embassy in Japan, people of all nationalities are welcome, including Japanese people who are just temporarily residing in Vietnam and visitors from other countries who are merely passing through.
Vietnam Visa Requirements for Japan Citizens FAQs
All Japanese passport holders are permitted to enter Vietnam visa-free for up to 15 days. So, if Japanese citizens intend to stay in Vietnam for more than 15 days, applying for a valid visa for Vietnam is a must. Fortunately, Japan is among eligible countries for a Vietnam electronic visa. Therefore, Japanese citizens can travel to Vietnam with this type of visa.
Vietnam e-Visa is an optimal solution for travel lovers from over the world. Japanese holders can apply for this type of visa. The Vietnam visa online is matched to travel, or relative visiting. The visa permits them to stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days. Apply now!
Almost all visitors need to have a valid Vietnam visa to enter the country legally. A Vietnam visa application is an important step before traveling abroad. In accordance with Vietnamese visa policy, Japan is exempt from a Vietnam visa. Japanese can stay in Vietnam within 15 days without a visa. In contrast, if they stay longer than 15 days, a Vietnam e-Visa is compulsory.
Vietnam e-Visa is valid as a single-entry visa. The visa allows each applicant to stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days.
There are different ways to apply for a valid e-Visa in 2022. You can apply for a Vietnam e visa in two ways below:
- Apply for paper visa at the Vietnam Embassy or a consulate. This type of visa is suitable for the cases who wish to visit for other purposes and stay for longer than 30 days.
- Apply for a Vietnam e-Visa. You should carefully check Vietnam e-Visa requirements before applying for a visa to consider if your case is suitable for this. Vietnam e-Visa is highly recommended thanks to its convenience. Apply now with The Vietnam Immigration Services.
In compliance with the Law on Foreigners' Entry, Exit, Transit Through, and Residence in Vietnam, Vietnam has reopened its borders to foreigners and overseas Vietnamese who possess valid permanent residence cards, temporary residence cards, visas, and visa exemption certificates.
Regarding the testing requirements, starting from May 15th, 2022, Vietnam Airlines does not mandate a Covid test for Japanese citizens as an entry requirement. For more information, please adhere to the following regulations:
- Individuals should self-monitor their health.
- If passengers experience symptoms of Covid-19, they must promptly inform the nearest hospitals or clinics for further guidance.
- Within 10 days of entry, preventive measures such as wearing masks and regularly disinfecting hands with sanitizing solutions should be taken.
- Starting from April 27th, 2022, passengers entering Vietnam are not obligated to submit a medical declaration. However, it is mandatory for passengers to wear masks during flights as per the requirement of the Vietnamese competent authority.
According to the Vietnam visa rules that were issued on July 1, 2020, there are 06 popular types of Vietnam visas for Japanese citizens:
- Tourist visa (DL)
- Business visa (DN1, DN2)
- Student/internship visa (DH)
- Investor Visa (DT1, DT2, DT3, DT4)
- Working visa (LD1 – LD2)
- Diplomatic visa (NG)
If you are a Japanese citizen and are planning a trip to Vietnam for travel, or relative visits, we highly recommend Vietnam e-Visa, also known as a Vietnam tourist visa.
The procedure of applying for a Vietnam e-Visa is simple and convenient and takes applicants no more than 30 minutes to complete. You can obtain a valid visa after 24 processing hours without visiting the local embassy. But checking Vietnam visa requirements for Japanese citizens is important needed to avoid miss information.
Regularly, the process for obtaining a valid Vietnam visa online typically takes 01-03 working days, depending on the service you choose, which includes Normal, Urgent, and Super Urgent. Consider the below:
Normal: The default option ensures that your e-Visa will be processed within three business days. This choice is suitable for all applicants.
Urgent: If you have a tight schedule, we can expedite your e-Visa processing within two days.
Super urgent: This option is designed for situations that demand immediate attention and cannot be postponed. Your e-Visa application will be sent to you within 24 hours.
Yes. However, the chances are slim. Your Vietnam visa application will be denied only if your name appears on the Immigration Department's blacklist. If you have a good immigration history in Vietnam, you are not at risk. The Immigration Department has no reason to reject your visa application.
On the other hand, even if you have a valid Vietnam visa, the airline staff will not allow you to enter if you do not have a national passport valid for at least six months and a Vietnam e-Visa. It is recommended that you print your Vietnam e-Visa before traveling to the international airport. Please make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months after your arrival in Vietnam.