Vietnam visa requirements for New Zealand citizens
- Why do New Zealand residents need visas to enter Vietnam?
- What is the maximum term of stay for New Zealand citizens in Vietnam?
- Vietnam visa requirements for New Zealand citizens:
- How to obtain an e-visa to Vietnam for New Zealand citizens who want to visit Vietnam?
- In New Zealand, the cost of applying for a visa to Vietnam
- The Embassy of Vietnam in New Zealand:
Now, those from New Zealand who wish to visit Vietnam may get the necessary paperwork. By issuing a Vietnam visa for New Zealand as soon as visitors arrive, the Vietnamese Government intends to make it simpler for tourists to enter the nation. We are pleased to be able to provide you with this service as part of our ongoing efforts to fortify the solid ties that already exist between our two nations.
Beautiful Vietnam is home to a variety of ethnic groups and cultural practices. It is also a well-liked tourism destination for people traveling from all over the world. You must apply for a visa if you want to visit Vietnam for a short period of time.
It's crucial to know what kind of visa you can apply for before leaving on your vacation. Fortunately, New Zealand citizens who wish to visit Vietnam briefly may now do so with the help of a Vietnam eVisa.
Vietnam visa for New Zealand citizens
Why do New Zealand residents need visas to enter Vietnam?
Residents of New Zealand must apply for a Vietnam visa for New Zealand well in advance if they intend to go to Vietnam. This is so because New Zealand is not exempt from Vietnam visa requirements.
The e-visa has been launched to expedite the process of obtaining a visa, eliminating the need to visit the Embassy or Consulate to apply for a regular visa.
Within one month, visitors from New Zealand can travel to Vietnam for business or leisure using an e-Visa.
What is the maximum term of stay for New Zealand citizens in Vietnam?
If you are a citizen of New Zealand, you can use an e-visa to travel to and stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days. The validity period for this type of visa is one month beginning on the date indicated in the approved e-Visa document. You are not permitted to enter Vietnam before to or following the expiration date on your e-Visa.
The Vietnam e-visa only permits one entrance, so if you leave the country and later decide to come back, you must apply for a new entry visa.
Vietnam visa requirements for new zealand citizens
Vietnam visa requirements for New Zealand citizens:
Online Vietnam visa applications are available to New Zealand residents well in advance of their intended departure date. In order to apply for a Vietnam eVisa, you must have the following papers ready:
- A passport issued by the New Zealand Government with a minimum remaining validity of six months after the scheduled arrival date in Vietnam
- At least two blank pages in the passport must be available for verification stamps.
- A photocopy of the biographical page of the passport
- 1 photo per person (of any size) for the passport
Applying for a visa to Vietnam for New Zealand citizens
How to obtain an e-visa to Vietnam for New Zealand citizens who want to visit Vietnam?
Applying for a visa to Vietnam is a simple procedure. The online application shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes to complete. Follow these four simple steps:
- Step 1: Complete the safe online application form. You must supply details for the visa in this phase, such as the quantity of applicants, the kind of visa, the purpose of the visit, the port of entry, and the processing time. After that, give your full name, gender, birthdate, passport number, and arrival and departure dates as well as any personal information.
- Step 2: Verify that your information is accurate and complete by checking it again. Your visa application may be delayed if there are any mistakes or mismatched information. Use electronic transfer to pay the e-visa charge (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal).
- Step 3: Get an email confirming the submission of your visa application. Before being sent to you, the e-Visa will be processed and approved online.
- Step 4: Download and print your Vietnam eVisa when you receive it through email. Upon arrival, have your passport stamped with your visa.
Vietnam visa cost for New Zealand citizens
In New Zealand, the cost of applying for a visa to Vietnam
When requesting a Vietnam evisa, you must pay 02 different types of Vietnam visa fees: the Government charge and the Service price.
Since New Zealand is not an exempt nation for Vietnam visas, New Zealand applicants must pay the Government charge.
Depending on the processing time you select for your visa application, a service fee is assessed. The Vietnam Immigration e-Visa Portal now provides consumers with 03 different types of visa services, including:
- Normal: If you select this alternative for a normal evaluation of your residence permit, you will get a response to your inquiry regarding it within 03 business days after making your selection.
- Urgent: With this type of visa service, your visa will be emailed to you within 02 working days at the address you provided.
- Super urgent: Your visa will be processed in as little as twenty four hours if you use this service.
It's possible that some consumers will need this service for only a few hours, while others would have to wait many days. It depends on the fee you pay for the Service fee.
You have the option of paying with either PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express for the purchases. Additionally, in order for the Vietnamese Government to complete your visa application, you will need to acquire Vietnam travel insurance because this is a requirement of the Vietnamese government. Not to mention the fact that it can make your time in Vietnam more pleasant and secure. Protecting yourself on a short-term basis is your best bet in the event that you want to spend only a limited amount of time in Vietnam.
The Embassy of Vietnam in New Zealand:
It is necessary for nationals of New Zealand to get a standard visa from the Vietnam Embassy in New Zealand in order to go to Vietnam for any reason other than tourism or business. The Vietnamese Embassy in New Zealand serves as a transit point for New Zealand citizens who are traveling to or from Vietnam.
Vietnam Visa Requirements for New Zealand Citizens FAQs
When applying for a Vietnam e-Visa, a passport photo is required. We will assist you in determining the correct size passport photo for a visa to Vietnam.
For an eVisa application, the Vietnamese Government requires the following photo requirements:
- The photo should be 4 x 6 cm (Vietnam's standard photography size) or 2 x 2 inches.
- The photos must be identical and taken within the previous six months.
- The photograph should show the entire face from the front, with the eyes open and no spectacles or glasses.
- Show the entire head from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin by centering the head within the frame.
- The background should be light or white in color.
In addition to the passport photo, the applicant should prepare enough and correctly the required documents for visa application. Hope you have good processing!
Passport holders from New Zealand can get a 03-month tourist visa. If you have visited already, you can apply for a 3-month tourist visa. The processing is not different from a 01-month visa. We will instruct you step-by-step on how to get Vietnam 03-month tourist visa from New Zealand.
New Zealand visa holders must meet all of the following requirements to extend their visa in Vietnam:
- A valid passport is required to carry out procedures for Vietnam visa extensions for foreigners.
- Foreign visitors to Vietnam must obtain a temporary residence permit from the police station in their area.
- The person's Vietnam visa is still valid.
- A company in Vietnam guarantees to carry out procedures to extend Vietnam visas for foreigners seeking business, work, or investment visas.
- Foreigners have committed no crimes in Vietnam.
The Vietnam 3-month visa fee for tourists depends on the types of services and the number of visitors. The types of visas include single or multiple entries and a month or multiple months.
Moreover, Vietnam e-Visa for New Zealand citizens is available on Vietnam Immigration Services website. If you are going to travel to Vietnam for short stays, Vietnam e-Visa is the best choice. Apply now!
No. If you are entering with a visa waiver, you must have a paper printout of your onward or return travel booking. Permitted staying time from 15-90 days depends on your citizenship following the Vietnam visa exemption regulations.
On the other hand, New Zealand is not a free visa country, so a Vietnam visa is compulsory. If you use the Vietnam e-Visa to enter Vietnam, you will not be required to submit a return ticket. According to Vietnam Visa requirements, New Zealand citizens are accepted the holder's stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days. You can check more about Vietnam visa requirements for New Zealand citizens before applying to learn more about this type of visa.
There are many types of visas New Zealand citizens can apply for, the permitted staying time depends on the type of visa and is a maximum of 5 years.
New Zealand does not belong to the Vietnam visa exemption list, so a Vietnam visa is required. There are two visa options for New Zealand citizens to obtain a Vietnam visa for tourists in 2023:
- Apply to the Vietnam Embassy in New Zealand.
- Apply for a Vietnam e-Visa on Vietnam Immigration Services website.
If you choose to apply for a Vietnam e-Visa, with a valid e-Visa, New Zealanders can stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days. The e-Visa is an optimized solution for your trip. The process is straightforward, no paperwork is required. However, the e-Visa is only valid as a single entry visa, you have to apply for a revisit visa if you would like to come back to Vietnam.
On the other hand, if you would like to stay longer, we suggest you apply for an alternative Vietnam visa at the Vietnam Embassy called “a paper visa”.
The answer is YES. Vietnam launches an electronic visa system for New Zealand citizens.
The Vietnam Immigration Department has been offering Vietnam e-Visa (Vietnam electronic visa) or Vietnam visa online (abbreviated as EV) since February 2, 2017. This type of Vietnamese visa is applied for and obtained online.
Vietnam e-Visa has been resumed since March 15, 2022, after a two-year suspension due to Covid-19, and follows the same regulations as before Covid-19.
Vietnam e-Visa applies to 80 countries, citizens of eligible countries can apply for this visa thanks to its convenience. The applicant can apply for a visa remotely in their comfort zone. New Zealand citizens are eligible for Vietnam e-Visa. However, this type of visa has its own requirements. An e-visa for Vietnam is only valid for 30 days with a single entry. The visa holders need to understand and adapt to the requirements before applying for it.
The visa holder can find Vietnam Embassy in New Zealand via:
The Embassy of Vietnam in Wellington, New Zealand
- Add: Level 21 Grand Plimmer Tower, 2-6 Gilmer Terrace, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- Tel: 64-4-473 5912
- Fax: 64-4-473 5913
- Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
At the same time, if you are in another country and need to apply for a Vietnam visa for New Zealand citizens, you can find the location of the nearest countries at Check Vietnam Embassy.
New Zealand does not belong to the Vietnam visa exemption country list. The New Zealand passport holder can apply for a Vietnam visa in 02 ways:
- Apply to the Vietnam Embassy in New Zealand directly.
- Apply for a Vietnam visa online if New Zealand travelers intend to visit Vietnam for tourism, leisure, or casual visit to family or friends.
Vietnam e-Visa is recommended in case you arrived in Vietnam for travel purposes and the staying time within 30 days. You also have to adapt to the requirements of the Vietnam e-Visa. On the other hand, if your case and demands are not suitable for this type of visa, you can apply to the Vietnam Embassy.