Vietnam visa requirements for New Zealand citizens
1. Check Vietnam E-Visa Requirements For New Zealand Citizens
New Zealand country is not in the exempt country list for Vietnam visa, so Vietnam visa is REQUIRED
2. How To Apply Vietnam Online Visa For New Zealand Citizens
Citizens or residents in New Zealand can choose one of two options below to apply for a visa to Vietnam:
- Apply online to get visa on arrival (visa picked up at the arrival airport in Vietnam with the legal approval letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department).
- Two, directly contact and apply your Vietnam Visa at the Vietnam Embassy in New Zealand
3. Vietnam visa Fee for New Zealand Citizens
For apply for a visa online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which were called Service Fee and Stamping Fee.
Vietnam Visa Requirements for New Zealand Citizens FAQs
When applying for a Vietnam e-Visa, a passport photo is required. We will assist you in determining the correct size passport photo for an Australian visa to Vietnam.
For an eVisa application, the Vietnamese Government requires the following photo requirements:
- The photo should be 4 x 6 cm (Vietnam's standard photography size) or 2 x 2 inches.
- The photos must be identical and taken within the previous six months.
- The photograph should show the entire face from the front, with the eyes open and no spectacles or glasses.
- Show the entire head from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin by centering the head within the frame.
- The background should be light or white in color.
In addition to the passport photo, the applicant should prepare enough and correctly the required documents for visa application. Hope you have good processing!
Passport holders from New Zealand can get a 03-month tourist visa. If you have visited already, you can apply for a 3-month tourist visa. The processing is not different from a 01-month visa. We will instruct you step-by-step on how to get Vietnam 03-month tourist visa from New Zealand.
New Zealand visa holders must meet all of the following requirements to extend their visa in Vietnam:
- A valid passport is required to carry out procedures for Vietnam visa extensions for foreigners.
- Foreign visitors to Vietnam must obtain a temporary residence permit from the police station in their area.
- The person's Vietnam visa is still valid.
- A company in Vietnam guarantees to carry out procedures to extend Vietnam visas for foreigners seeking business, work, or investment visas.
- Foreigners have committed no crimes in Vietnam.
The Vietnam 3-month visa fee for tourists depends on the types of services and the number of visitors. The types of visas include single or multiple entries and a month or multiple months.
Moreover, Vietnam e-Visa for New Zealand citizens is available on Vietnam Immigration Services website. If you are going to travel to Vietnam for short stays, Vietnam e-Visa is the best choice. Apply now!
No. If you are entering with a visa waiver, you must have a paper printout of your onward or return travel booking. Permitted staying time from 15-90 days depends on your citizenship following the Vietnam visa exemption regulations.
On the other hand, New Zealand is not a free visa country, so a Vietnam visa is compulsory. If you use the Vietnam e-Visa to enter Vietnam, you will not be required to submit a return ticket. Vietnam Visa online for New Zealand citizens accepts the holder's stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days.
There are many types of visas New Zealand citizens can apply for, the permitted staying time depends on the type of visa and is a maximum of 5 years.
New Zealand does not belong to the Vietnam visa exemption list, so a Vietnam visa is required. There are two visa options for New Zealand citizens to obtain a Vietnam visa for tourists in 2023:
- Apply to the Vietnam Embassy in New Zealand.
- Apply for a Vietnam e-Visa on Vietnam Immigration Services website.
If you choose to apply for a Vietnam e-Visa, with a valid e-Visa, New Zealanders can stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days. The e-Visa is an optimized solution for your trip. The process is straightforward, no paperwork is required. However, the e-Visa is only valid as a single entry visa, you have to apply for a revisit visa if you would like to come back to Vietnam.
On the other hand, if you would like to stay longer, we suggest you apply for an alternative Vietnam visa at the Vietnam Embassy called “a paper visa”.
The answer is YES. Vietnam launches an electronic visa system for New Zealand citizens.
The Vietnam Immigration Department has been offering Vietnam e-Visa (Vietnam electronic visa) or Vietnam visa online (abbreviated as EV) since February 2, 2017. This type of Vietnamese visa is applied for and obtained online.
Vietnam e-Visa has been resumed since March 15, 2022, after a two-year suspension due to Covid-19, and follows the same regulations as before Covid-19.
Vietnam e-Visa applies to 80 countries, citizens of eligible countries can apply for this visa thanks to its convenience. The applicant can apply for a visa remotely in their comfort zone. New Zealand citizens are eligible for Vietnam e-Visa. However, this type of visa has its own requirements. An e-visa for Vietnam is only valid for 30 days with a single entry. The visa holders need to understand and adapt to the requirements before applying for it.
The visa holder can find Vietnam Embassy in New Zealand via:
The Embassy of Vietnam in Wellington, New Zealand
Add: Level 21 Grand Plimmer Tower, 2-6 Gilmer Terrace, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Tel: 64-4-473 5912
Fax: 64-4-473 5913
At the same time, if you are in another country and need to apply for a Vietnam visa for New Zealand citizens, you can find the location of the nearest countries at Check Vietnam Embassy.
New Zealand does not belong to the Vietnam visa exemption country list. The New Zealand passport holder can apply for a Vietnam visa in 02 ways:
- Apply to the Vietnam Embassy in New Zealand directly.
- Apply for a Vietnam visa online if New Zealand travelers intend to visit Vietnam for tourism, leisure, casual visit to family or friends.
Vietnam e-Visa is recommended in case you arrived in Vietnam for travel purposes and the staying time within 30 days. You also have to adapt to the requirements of the Vietnam e-Visa. On the other hand, if your case and demands are not suitable for this type of visa, you can apply to the Vietnam Embassy.