Vietnam visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
The Vietnam e-Visa presents a fantastic option for global travelers due to its convenience. Furthermore, the online Vietnam visa now offers an extended validity period of 90 days, making it an excellent choice for those embarking on a Vietnamese cultural adventure. If you're a citizen of Nigeria and are interested in obtaining a Vietnam e-Visa, this article is essential for you. Follow along as we delve into the requirements, application process, and associated fees for a Vietnam visa for Nigerian citizens.
Vietnam visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
Do Nigerian citizens need a Vietnam visa?
Absolutely. Nigeria is not on the list of countries exempt from Vietnam visa requirements, so a Vietnam visa is MANDATORY for those wishing to visit the country.
So, what are the options for Nigerian citizens when applying for a Vietnam visa? Nigerian citizens have two choices: they can either visit the Vietnam embassy to apply for a traditional Vietnam visa, or they can opt for a 90-day Vietnam e-Visa.
Understanding the Vietnam e-Visa
The Vietnam e-Visa, also called the Vietnam visa online, is a travel authorization granted by Vietnamese authorities. It allows foreign individuals to travel to and enter Vietnam within a specified period.
Please take note of the following Vietnam visa requirements for Nigerian citizens:
- Submit a complete scan of a valid Nigerian national passport with a minimum validity of at least 6 months from the intended date of arrival.
- Provide a digital portrait photograph.
- Accepted payment methods include credit/debit cards or bank transfers.
How to get a Vietnam visa from Nigeria
How to get a Vietnam visa from Nigeria?
For a smooth process, we recommend that Nigerian citizens apply for a Vietnam visa through our website well in advance, preferably at least one week before their planned trip to avoid unnecessary delays.
Once you have gathered all the necessary documents, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: It is crucial to accurately and comprehensively fill out the Vietnam visa application form, including providing the required information such as your passport photo, portrait photo, selected entry checkpoint, travel dates, full name, date of birth, passport number, passport expiry date, and, if applicable, your religion.
Step 2: Proceed to make the required payment for your visa application. After this, we will need confirmation from you to finalize the visa payment.
Step 3: Your visa application will be processed, and once completed, it will be sent to you via email.
Upon receiving a valid visa, please ensure to print two hard copies and keep them with you during your trip to Vietnam.
How much is a Vietnam visa from Nigeria?
The expenses for a Vietnam visa involve two distinct categories of fees: the government fee and the service fee.
The government fee is remitted to The Vietnam Immigration Department, which facilitates the processing of your visa request.
The service fees, on the other hand, fluctuate based on the processing duration and the number of applicants. This fee covers the entire visa application procedure, from completing the application form to obtaining the visa stamp upon entry.
Normally, the processing time is three business days. However, if you have an urgent plan and require a visa quickly, we offer the following alternatives:
- Standard: This entails processing your Vietnam visa within three working days, which is the most common choice.
- Urgent: Your Vietnam visa will be issued promptly within two working days.
- Super urgent: Your Vietnam visa approval can be obtained within just 24 working hours.
We accept various payment methods, including Visa, Mastercard, Amex, PayPal, and bank transfers. It is highly advisable to thoroughly review the Payment Guidelines to avoid any potential errors.
How much is a Vietnam visa from Nigeria
Keep these tips in mind for a smooth Vietnam visa application process
- Once your Vietnam visa is approved, it is electronically linked to your national passport. Make sure to store both your visa and passport securely.
- Plan your travel itinerary before applying for a visa because any changes made after government payments may result in charges for a new visa application.
- Be cautious about overstaying, as it can lead to significant fines and placement on the Vietnam Immigration Blacklist.
- Enhance your travel experience by considering our Airport Fast-Track Services, which can make your journey to Vietnam more enjoyable.
- While not obligatory for obtaining a visa, we strongly recommend having travel insurance for your safety and convenience.
- The Vietnam e-Visa is accepted at nearly all entry ports in Vietnam, including seaports, land ports, and international airports.
We hope you find this article helpful for your Vietnam visa application and your upcoming travel plans. If you have any questions regarding the Vietnam eVisa for Nigerian citizens, you can find more information in our FAQs or contact us directly.