Vietnam visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
Vietnam is one of the ideal destinations for your trip. You can enjoy popular wonderlands and foods from the North to the South of Vietnam. With affordable prices, we believe that you will have wonderful experiences in this beautiful country.
Applying for a Vietnam tourist visa is an important step. Nowadays, obtaining a tourist visa is easier. Vietnam electronic visa is the best solution for both the Vietnam Government and travel lovers from over the world. In this article, we introduce you to the Vietnam visa for Portuguese citizens: requirements, how to apply, and fees. Hopefully, this will be helpful for you.
Vietnam visa for Portuguese citizens
1. Check Vietnam visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
Do a Portuguese citizen need a Vietnam visa as a tourist?
Vietnam electronic visa or Vietnam visa online is a new visa system. Vietnam e-Visa was launched to reduce the overwhelming number of visa applications at customs and immigration. This type of visa is launched for 80 countries from over the world, including Portugal.
According to the visa rule, Portugal is not on the exempt country list for the Vietnam visa, therefore, the Vietnam visa is a mandatory permit for Portuguese passport holders.
Typically, vietnam e-visa is valid for 30 days from the date of arrival and allows Portugal citizens to stay in the country within 30 days. Moreover, Portugal citizens can only apply for a Vietnam e-visa for visiting, tourism, business purposes.
How many ways to apply for a Vietnam visa for Portuguese citizens?
You can consider 02 ways to apply for a visa:
- Apply directly at the Vietnam Embassy with a paper visa. You should check the embassy location before applying. But there is no current Vietnam Embassy in Portugal. Therefore, you should go to the nearest countries to apply for it.
- Apply within a day with a Vietnam visa online. You do not need to go anywhere, just stay home and apply remotely. Your visa will also be processed quickly.
How long may Portuguese citizens stay in Vietnam with a visa?
With a valid e-Visa, Portuguese citizens can stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days. The e-Visa only accepts travel purposes. Besides, the e-Visa is valid as a single entry visa. That means you have to apply for a revisit visa.
We would like to remind you that if your plan in Vietnam is longer than 30 days or if you have other purposes, we offer you to apply for a regular visa at the Vietnam Embassy.
Vietnam visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
2. How to get a Vietnam visa for a Portuguese passport holder
Required documents checklist for Vietnam visa online application
- A passport issued in Portugal that has at least six months of validity after the intended arrival date in Vietnam.
- At least two blank pages in the passport must be accessible for verification stamps.
- A duplicate of the biographical page of the passport
- A passport photo in any format. The photo must have been taken within the last six months, on a white background, and without glasses.
- Use a debit or credit card to make a visa payment.
- A current email address
We appreciate your good preparation for the Vietnam visa application. It is advisable to apply at least a week before departing the flight.
Step-by-step instructions on how to get Vietnam e-Visa from Portugal
We hope you are looking for a place having a stable Internet connection to avoid interruptions. Click on the “ Apply Visa ” button to access the application form online:
- First of all, you must fill out the online application form completely and truthfully. All requested information must be provided, including your full name, date of birth, nationality, address, passport numbers and the date you arrive in Vietnam.
- Second, travelers from Portugal must consider choosing a payment method for paying the e-visa fee.
- Third, you will receive an email confirming the submission of your visa application. The e-Visa will be processed and approved online before being sent to you.
- Finally, after obtaining your Vietnam e-Visa via email, download and print it. Bring your passport and a copy of your e-Visa to the airport; your passport will be stamped.
It is crucial that you have to bring your national passport and visa with you when arriving at the international airport and during the Vietnam trip. Read more about step-step-step instructions on applying for a Vietnam e-Visa for Portuguese citizens.
How to apply for a Vietnam visa for Portuguese citizens
3. Vietnam visa online fees for Portuguese citizens
Vietnam e-Visa fees for Portuguese citizens are divided into two categories: government fees and service fees.
There is no reimbursement for the mandatory government costs. Additionally, You are required to pay service costs up front for the time it takes to process your application. Regarding the payment options, you can use wire transfers through Bank of Cyprus, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or MasterCard.
We have various processing time options for your application. The service fee is subject to the type of service you choose. Take a look at the available options below:
- Normal: This is a common option to think about. You will receive your visa within three working days of submitting your application.
- Urgent: Your Vietnam e-Visa will arrive within two business days.
- Super Urgent: If you don't have time to wait for responses, selecting this option will save you a lot of time. Your e-visa to Vietnam should be delivered within 24 hours.
Vietnam visa fees for Portuguese citizens
This is our recommendation for you, Travel Insurance is necessary when visiting a country for an extended period of time, up to 30 days. This is the most effective method for reducing unintentional risks like sickness, pandemics, trip delays, trip interruptions, and lost baggage. Insurance Information has more information on treatments and benefits.
We hope you have a successful application and have a great trip to Vietnam. We are ready to support you if you have any questions or concerns regarding the Vietnam visa application for Portuguese citizens.