Vietnam Visa For UK Citizens: Requirements And How To Apply
Obtaining a Vietnam visa makes traveling to Vietnam simply and uncomplicated for inhabitants of the United Kingdom. There is now the option to enter the United Kingdom with an electronic visa. Because of the regulations surrounding visas, visitors may simply make the most of their time spent in Vietnam.
The Vietnam Government provides a 15-day visa exemption for UK citizens. Therefore, UK nationals who have a trip to Vietnam of fewer than 15 days are not required to have a visa. In contrast, those traveling to Vietnam for more than 15 days need to obtain a visa.
There is a choice to obtain a visa in a shorter amount of time accessible for UK citizens who are interested in traveling to Vietnam. In order for UK nationals to obtain this special visa, the standard procedures that must be followed in order to obtain a visa will be bypassed.
Vietnam visa for UK citizens
Why do I need a visa for Vietnam from the UK?
Vietnam, one of the world's most well-liked holiday destinations, has a lot to offer and is endowed with amazing beaches and beautiful landscapes. The Southeast Asian country is widely renowned for its lengthy past, lively current, and lasting customs. It is a country that has experienced rapid growth and offers visitors a range of opportunities. Vietnam is a popular travel destination for tourists all over the world as a result.
Vietnam is moving closer to overtaking other nations as the number of international visitors visiting has increased recently.
However, if you're a citizen of the United Kingdom, you need to obtain a valid visa in order to visit the country for a trip of more than 15 days. UK citizens may now apply for a Vietnamese visa online and avoid visiting an Embassy or Consulate.
How long can the UK stay in Vietnam?
Vietnam's electronic visas are valid for a period of 30 days with a single entry. The validity period of your Vietnam e-validity visa will begin on the date that is displayed on the paperwork indicating that it has been granted. Any time throughout the validity period, travelers can enter Vietnam with their valid passports. Under the terms of this single-entry visa, you are permitted to stay for a maximum of 30 days.
Vietnam visa entry requirements for UK citizens
Vietnam visa entry requirements for UK citizens
Vietnam warmly welcomes guests from other countries, especially those from the UK. You need to provide a copy of your passport that has been confirmed in order to apply for a Vietnamese eVisa.
If you desire to go to Vietnam with an electronic visa, you are required to meet all of the following prerequisites:
- A passport that was issued by the Government of the United Kingdom, has at least two blank pages and is valid for at least six months after the traveler's arrival in Vietnam.
- A photocopy of the page of the passport with the biographical information
- 1 photograph of the individual, in any size, to be used for 1 photograph of the individual, in any size, to be used for the passport and an email address.
You are able to start the application process for a Vietnamese eVisa as soon as you have all of the necessary documentation prepared. We would like to remind you that, not all nations can apply for a Vietnam visa online application, if you come from another country, kindly check more Vietnam visa requirements for international holders at our website.
Apply Vietnam e-Visa for UK citizens
How do UK citizens apply for an e-Visa to Vietnam?
If you need your visa soon, you should think about getting it through accelerated processing. You may complete the task in a couple of minutes if you utilize our service rather than resorting to alternative techniques. The time commitment for submitting an application through the website is fifteen minutes. After your application has been reviewed and accepted, you will get an email including all of the pertinent visa information.
To submit an application for an e-Visa to enter Vietnam, you need to do nothing more complicated than the following four steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the secure online application. In order to process your e-Visa, fill out all of the online forms on the Apply for Vietnam e-Visa page. For each application, you must submit personal information, including your complete name, gender, date of birth, passport number, and dates of arrival and departure.
- Step 2: Check your information once again to make sure it is correct and comprehensive. Pay the e-visa fee through electronic money transfer (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal).
- Step 3: Get an email confirming that your visa application has been submitted in step three. The e-Visa will undergo online processing and approval before being mailed to you.
- Step 4: Have your visa stamped in your passport when you arrive. Please remember to print and keep the Vietnam e-Visa that we provided you through email.
Vietnam visa cost for UK citizens
How much is a Vietnam visa for UK citizens?
The cost of a Vietnam visa for nationals of the United Kingdom includes two distinct pricing structures for obtaining an e-Visa: The Government Fee and the Visa service fee.
The term "Government Fee" refers to the amount of money that must be paid to the Vietnamese government in order for them to grant you an electronic visa.
The cost of the Service will be determined by the visa service that you select. From the Vietnam Immigration & e-Visa Portal, customers can choose from the following 03 options:
- Normal service: If a decision on your visa is required within 03 working days, you must choose the normal service option.
- Urgent service: Reduce the time it takes to process visas as soon as possible. In 02 business days, the e-visa will be delivered.
- Super Urgent service: You might get a visa with the very urgent service in as little as a few hours! Right now, this option is the fastest. In 24 hours or less, your Vietnam e-visa should arrive. You won't have to wait a long time to get a visa from this company.
The variety of payment methods that are able to accept digital currency is continually growing. Credit cards, American Express, and PayPal are all accepted methods of payment here.
It is mandatory for tourists to purchase travel insurance if they intend to visit Vietnam and remain there for an extended period of time. With health travel insurance for Vietnam, you will be able to take advantage of a variety of benefits throughout your time spent traveling outside of your home country. In addition, after an emergency visit, you are covered for diagnostic and follow-up care as well as other types of medical attention.
Vietnam visa for British citizens
The Embassy of Vietnam in the United Kingdom:
It's likely that the government of the Principality of the United Kingdom will obtain personal information about you if you register with the Vietnam Embassy in the United Kingdom. People of all nationalities, including UK citizens who are only passing through and tourists from other nations who are just passing through, are welcome at the Vietnamese Embassy in the United Kingdom.
Vietnam Visa Requirements for United Kingdom Citizens FAQs
The Vietnam electronic visa (Vietnam e-Visa) serves as a travel document issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department, permitting entry into the country. This e-visa is accessible to citizens of over 80 countries and facilitates travel to Vietnam. Notably, individuals from the UK are exempt from obtaining a Vietnam visa if their stay is within 15 days. UK citizens can freely journey to Vietnam for a period under 15 days without the need for a visa. However, they must possess a valid UK passport with at least 6 months of validity upon arrival.
For visits exceeding the 15-day limit, UK citizens must complete a visa application process. This visa category is intended for UK passport holders who intend to visit Vietnam for various purposes, such as tourism or visiting relatives.
The entire application process is conducted online, and the visa fee can be settled through electronic payment methods. Options for payment include Debit/Credit cards, PayPal, American Express, or Wire transfers to the Bank of Cyprus.
UK passport holders are able to apply for a Vietnam visa online at the Vietnam Immigration Services website. Vietnam Immigration Services Team is a part of Global Immigration Services Limited, a company specialized in visa consulting services for more than 10 years. Our experts will help UK citizens through the visa application process for a Vietnam electronic visa.
We will provide visa services including consultation, and advice on the requirements, ensuring that their documentation is correct and adequate. Thanks to the assistance of our team, UK passport holders can apply for a Vietnam visa in the most convenient way. UK citizens just need to fill in the application form and pay the visa fee to complete the process. They can expect to receive their visa within a maximum of 03 business days, while other travelers who wish to get their visa faster can choose the Rush visa service.
Most importantly, if UK travelers apply online on our website, they will not need to spend much of their time preparing the documentation. Only a scan of the passport's biographical page (with full information) and a personal color photograph are required. The applicants should also note that their passports must be valid for at least 06 months from the intended date of arrival in Vietnam.
Check more information about Vietnam visa requirements for UK citizens prior to applying, it is important.
The processing time for Vietnam electronic visa applications is normally in 03 business days, thus UK citizens should apply for a Vietnam visa at least 07 days before their departure date. The Rush visa service is also available at Vietnam Immigration Services for UK travelers who need their visas in a matter of hours. In order for the visa to be issued in time, UK applicants should carefully check all the information they have entered in the application form. This is especially important because any typos or unmatched information may result in a delay of processing.
Since March 2022, the Government of Vietnam has reintroduced visa waivers for certain countries including the UK. According to this visa policy, citizens of the UK can arrange a short trip to Vietnam for up to 15 days without a visa. On the other hand, UK travelers will be required to get a visa if their stay in Vietnam is longer than 15 days. Until now, the Vietnam electronic visa is one of the most convenient ways to get travel permission to Vietnam. This visa allows its holders to enter several entry ports in Vietnam including international airport, landport, seaport and stay there for up to 30 days.
Getting a tourist visa for Vietnam from the UK is simple and fast which can be done online. UK passport holders are eligible for Vietnam electronic visas. The entire process, from completing the application form to paying the visa fee, is online. To submit an application for an e-Visa to enter Vietnam, UK citizens should follow the simple steps below:
- Step 1: Fill out the secure online application form. In this step, UK applicants are required to provide visa details and personal information, including their complete name, gender, date of birth, passport number, and dates of arrival and departure.
- Step 2: UK travelers should double-check their information to make sure it is correct and up to date. After that, they have to pay the e-visa fee through electronic money transfer (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal).
- Step 3: Get an email confirming that their visa application has been submitted in this step. The e-Visa will undergo online processing and approval before being mailed to the applicants.
- Step 4: UK nationals will receive their visa in a maximum of 03 business days. They are advised to print and keep their e-Visa during the trip to Vietnam.
Previously you should gather enough of the required document to apply for a visa effectively.
There are two kinds of fees that UK citizens have to pay when applying for a Vietnam e-visa, which are the Service Fee and the Government Fee.
- The Government Fee is the amount that the UK applicants have to pay to the Vietnamese government upon approving their e-visa. It cost US$ 55 and is nonrefundable.
- The Service Fee is the amount that they need to pay in advance for our service during a Vietnam e-visa processing. It consists of consulting about the Vietnam e-visa, receiving, checking the applicant's personal information, informing the status and results, and collecting the e-visa from the Vietnamese Government then sending it to the applicant in order to get their visa stamped when arriving at the Vietnamese ports.
Note: The Service fee is charged based on the processing time of visa applications that UK travelers select:
- Standard service: This service costs only US$ 39. UK citizens will receive their visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent service: They need to pay an extra cost of US$ 79 to receive their visa within 02 business days
- Super Urgent service: UK travelers can expect to obtain a visa for Vietnam in just 24 hours. An additional fee of US$ 99 will be charged.
Vietnam is currently launching a pilot e-Visa system for citizens from 80 countries. That means citizens of eligible countries now can apply for a Vietnam visa online, eliminating the need to queue at the Embassy or consulate to submit their visa applications. On the other hand, there are certain countries that are excluded from the Vietnam visa requirements. The visa exemption list is divided into three categories: 14 days visa-free, 15 days visa-free, 21 days visa-free, and 30 days visa-free. Therefore, it is important for you to check the eligibility before beginning the visa application process.
Vietnam electronic visa is a kind of travel document granted by the Immigration Department of Vietnam via electronic system, providing permission to travel to and enter Vietnam. It is valid for 30 days from the intended date of arrival that is specified in the application form and granted for a single entry. Holders of this visa can enjoy the stunning landscapes and experience the diverse culture of Vietnam for up to 30 days. Because the process is completely online, e-visa fee is paid via electronic payment gateway as prescribed by the Vietnam Immigration Services. The Government fee will not be refunded if the application is refused.