Check Vietnam E-Visa Requirements For US Citizens
- How to get a tourist visa for Vietnam from the United States?
- How long may American citizens stay in Vietnam with a visa?
- How do Vietnam visa applications for US citizens?
- Vietnam visas for US citizens cost:
- The Embassy of Vietnam in the United States:
Travelers frequently list Vietnam as one of the most popular destinations in the world. Every year, a large number of tourists from the United States and other nations travel to Vietnam for their vacations. Traveling to Vietnam is easy and quick if you are a citizen of the United States and have a passport from that nation. The ability to obtain visas electronically under a new policy will make it easier for visitors to travel to Vietnam.
The option to choose a preferred visa option is available to US residents who are interested in visiting Vietnam. By reading the following article, you will gain a better understanding of the Vietnam eVisa for citizens of the United States, including the prerequisites, the processing time, and the cost of the visa. Keep reading!
Vietnam e visa for US citizens
How to get a tourist visa for Vietnam from the United States?
Because the United States is not on the list of countries exempt from Vietnam's e-visa requirements, US visitors must have a visa to enter the country. The Vietnam eVisa application process is now easily accessible to US nationals who want to visit Vietnam.
Vietnam visa application for US citizens
How long may American citizens stay in Vietnam with a visa?
The citizen of the USA is eligible to submit an online visa application. With Vietnam eVisa, United States citizens are permitted one entry and a 30-day stay in Vietnam. The Vietnam eVisa is granted for purposes related to tourism or business. The duration begins on the date stated on the approved e-Visa document. You are not permitted to re-enter Vietnam unless you have secured a new visa and travel authorization.
Vietnam tourist visa requirements for US citizens:
You need to be prepared with the following documents before applying for a Vietnam eVisa for US citizens:
- A passport that was issued in the US and has at least six months left on it after the intended arrival date in Vietnam.
- The passport must have at least two blank pages accessible for verification stamps.
- A duplicate of the passport's biographical page
- One passport photo per person, any size is acceptable.
Vietnam visa requirements for US citizens
How to do Vietnam visa applications for US citizens?
The application procedure, which is done entirely online, can be completed in 15 minutes on your end. We are going to send you an email once we have completed our assessment of your application and determined that you are eligible for a visa. In this email, we will provide all of the pertinent visa information.
Take each of these 04 primary steps in the following order:
Step 1: Fill out the secure online visa application for Vietnam with your personal data, including your full name, gender, date of birth, passport number, and dates of arrival and departure.
Step 2: Double-check your information to ensure it is true and comprehensive. Pay the fee for the electronic visa using an electronic payment transfer (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal).
Step 3: Receive an email verifying that your visa application has been submitted. The e-Visa will be processed and approved online before being mailed to you.
Step 4: After receiving your Vietnam eVisa via email, download and print it. Have your passport stamped with your visa when you arrive.
Vietnam visa for US citizens cost
Vietnam visas for US citizens cost:
There are two fees that need to be paid in order to receive a Vietnam visa: the Visa Service Fee and the Visa Government Fee.
The Government fee must be paid to the government in order to obtain a visa.
The Vietnam Immigration Services provides 03 types of visa services as follows:
- Normal: If you are operating with a limited financial buffer, this is an excellent solution to consider. The decision on your visa will be delivered within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Your Vietnam eVisa will be delivered to you in just 02 working days.
- Super Urgent: this is currently the option that provides the quickest response time. Your e-visa for Vietnam will come in less than 24 hours at the most.
In addition, it is advisable that you purchase Travel Insurance. If you go to the hospital for an emergency, you will have coverage for diagnostic and subsequent care.
If you have any questions about Vietnam visa online for US citizens, we are happy to support you. You can access Vietnam visa requirements for international citizens to get more information about this type of visa.
The Embassy of Vietnam in the United States:
If you register with the Vietnam Embassy in the United States, the Government of the Principality of the United States will have access to the information that you have provided about yourself. The Vietnamese Embassy in the United States extends a warm welcome to tourists traveling from other countries as well as tourists from the United States who are visiting Vietnam temporarily.
Vietnam Visa Requirements for United States Citizens FAQs
A Vietnam electronic visa (e-visa) is offered by the Vietnam Immigration Department to simplify the process of obtaining a visa to Vietnam. It is another legitimate method for foreigners to obtain a Vietnam visa. Until now, there are more than 80 countries eligible for Vietnam electronic visas.
This type of visa has a validity of 30 days from the intended entry date specified in the application form, with a single entry. US citizens can apply for a Vietnam visa online instead of waiting in a long line at the embassy or consulate. This can be done by filling in the online application form and paying the application fee using electronic payment methods (Debit/ Credit Card, PayPal, American Express). Before beginning the application process, US citizens should make sure that they meet the Vietnam e-visa requirements. The following documents are required:
- A passport that remains valid for at least 06 months from the arrival date in Vietnam
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- A color photograph of the applicant that was taken recently
The visa application is typically processed within 03 working days. US travelers who wish to obtain a visa sooner can utilize the Rush visa service. With this option, they can expect to receive their Vietnam visa in as soon as 24 hours.
With an eVisa, you can enter most of the international airports in Vietnam. Holders of eVisa can enter and exit the following ports of entry:
- Phu Quoc International Airport - PQC - Kien Giang
- Phu Bai International Airport - HUI - Thua Thien - Hue
- Noi Bai International Airport - HAN - Ha Noi
- Da Nang International Airport - DAD - Đa Nang
- Can Tho International Airport - VCA - Can Tho
- Cam Ranh International Airport - CXR - Khanh Hoa
- Cat Bi International Airport - HPH - Hai Phong
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport - SGN - Ho Chi Minh City
Read more about The International Terminal In Vietnam information: the airport's location, name, IATA code, ICAO code, and details regarding Vietnam's visa policy.
Lao Bao Landport, Xa Mat Landport, Tay Trang Landport, Tinh Bien Landport, Song Tien Landport, Na Meo Landport, Nam Can Landport, Mong Cai Landport, Moc Bai Landport, La Lay Landport, Lao Cai Landport, Ha Tien Landport, Huu Nghi Landport, Bo Y Landport, Cha Lo Landport, Cau Treo Landport.
Cam Pha Seaport, Da Nang Seaport, Nghi Son Seaport, Duong Dong Seaport, Dung Quat Seaport, Hon Gai Seaport, Nha Trang Seaport, Chan May Seaport, Vung Tau Seaport, Vung Ang Seaport, Ho Chi Minh City Seaport, Quy Nhon Seaport, Hai Phong Seaport.
The visa will be sent to your email address once it is issued. You should bring at least a copy of your Vietnam eVisa during your journey because the Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint will ask you to present it upon arrival.
US citizens who wish to visit Vietnam require a visa because their country of origin is not on the exemption list for Vietnam visas.
Fortunately, US nationals are eligible for Vietnam e-Visa which can be obtained online in just a few days. The Vietnam e-Visa is valid for 30 days from the intended entry date specified in the application form, permitting a duration of stay of up to 30 days. By the way, we highly recommend you check carefully Vietnam visa requirements for US citizens prior to starting visa processing.
The Vietnam Immigration Services has made it easier for US citizens to apply for an e-Visa for Vietnam. The entire process is completely online which takes the applicants no more than 20 minutes to complete. Please follow:
- To begin the process, do not forget to enter their email address and log in to the account. After that, select “Apply Visa” on the navigation bar and provide some necessary information.
- Before submitting the application form, US applicants are advised to double-check all the data supplied.
- And then, you have to make a payment for your services.
- Finally, after processing time, you will receive a valid Vietnam visa through an email address.
To apply for a Vietnam eVisa, US passport holders must fulfill specific visa standards, including a valid passport photo. The Vietnam Government has imposed some photo requirements for an e-Visa:
- The dimensions of the photograph should measure 4 x 6 cm, adhering to the standard Vietnam photography size, or alternatively, 2 x 2 inches.
- Both pictures need to be identical and have been captured in the last six months.
- The image must display the complete face in a frontal perspective, with open eyes, and devoid of eyeglasses or spectacles.
- Position the head in the center of the frame, ensuring the entire head is visible from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin.
- Select a background that is either plain light or white in color.
- Neither the face nor the background should cast any shadows.
- Applicants are recommended to be attired in formal clothing.
- For individuals from the United States, it is preferable to wear a shirt with a collar.
- Ensure that the photograph is without any borders.
Visit Vietnam e-Visa requirements for US citizens for more details about the visa as well as the visa cost.
A Vietnam electronic visa (e-visa) is valid for 30 days from the date specified in the visa application form. Typically, the processing time for visa applications is within 24 to 72 hours after the application form and required documents are submitted. The Vietnam eVisa is granted for a single entry. Therefore, US travelers who have left the country must obtain a new visa to return to Vietnam.
In order to complete the visa application process, US citizens are also required to pay a visa fee. Applicants do not need to worry about it because the Vietnam Immigration Services provides customer supports at a very reasonable rate. The Vietnam visa fee for US citizens consists of two types: the Government fee and the service fee.
The Government Fee is the amount that applicants have to pay to the Vietnamese government on approving their e-visa. The Service fee is charged depending on the processing time that US nationals choose for their visa:
- Standard service: US citizens will receive their visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent service: Within 02 business days, the Vietnam eVisa will be sent to the email address of the applicant.
- Super Urgent service: US travelers can expect to obtain a visa for Vietnam in just 24 hours.
Generally, international visitors should apply for a Vietnam e-visa no less than 07 days before your trip to Vietnam. The processing time for an e-Visa is typically within 03 business days. Our professionals at Vietnam Immigration Services also highly suggest customers begin the visa application process as soon as possible in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
The entire process is straightforward and takes US citizens no longer than 20 minutes to complete. Following the steps below so that you can successfully apply for an electronic visa for Vietnam:
- Step 1: Provide visa details (number of visas, purpose of visit, port of arrival, processing time), and personal contact ( full name, gender, date of birth, passport number, and arrival and departure dates) on the safe online application for a Vietnam visa.
- Step 2: Verify that your data is accurate and complete by checking it again. Use an electronic payment transfer to pay the electronic visa fee (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal).
- Step 3: Obtain an email confirming the submission of your visa application. Before being emailed to you, the e-visa will be processed and approved online.
- Step 4: Download and print your Vietnam e-Visa when you receive it through email. When you arrive, have your passport stamped with your visa.