Yes, you can apply for a visa on arrival to Vietnam if only you enter by air. Visa on Arrival (VOA) is an alternative method of obtaining a visa for Vietnam to the traditional method of obtaining a visa at the Vietnamese embassy.
Important: If you want to enter Vietnam by land, you will not be able to obtain a visa on arrival. Also, you can only obtain a visa on arrival at the airports of Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, and Nha Trang. The authorization letter you received is not the actual visa. You need to get a visa approval letter in advance to obtain a visa on arrival for Vietnam.
The most common types of Vietnam visas are tourist visas (DL), business visas (DN), working visas (L), and student/internship visas (DH).
Airports That Visa on Arrival is applied below. Moreover, you can research more about Vietnam Airport information on our website to prepare better.
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Da Nang International Airport (Da Nang)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Can Tho International Airport (Can Tho)
- Lien Khuong International Airport (Da Lat)
- Phu Quoc International Airport (Phu Quoc)