Visa exemption extends to 5 European countries
Tourists from the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain and Italy will continue to be exempted from visa until June 2021, Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc said at a Government meeting on Thursday.
Visa will be waived for tourists coming to Việt Nam from these five countries for another three years (until June 30, 2021) after the visa waiver programme expires at the end of June this year.
When the extension expires, Việt Nam would review its unilateral visa exemption policy and re-evaluate its electronic visa pilot, the PM said during a monthly Government meeting in Hà Nội on Thursday.
“Extending the visa exemption is definitely something we should opt for, since at the moment, Việt Nam waives visa one-sidedly for only 24 countries – including nine ASEAN countries – while our neighbours are doing more than that,” he said.
He also assigned the Ministry of Public Security and Ministry of Foreign Affairs to review and report on the challenges facing electronic visa issuance and on making amendments to the Immigration Law.
Visa exemption for tourists from the five Western European countries has helped increase the number of tourists from these markets by 10.1 per cent since it was introduced in mid-2015, according to the Việt Nam Tourism Advisory Board.
- New Policies On Vietnam Visa - The Validity Up To 90 days
- Vietnam's Tourism Minister Proposes Expanding E-Visa Program
- Ho Chi Minh City is the Best Place for World Digital Nomads
- Vietnam E-Visa Woes: Travelers Seek Efficiency and Reliability
- Vietnam Extends E-Visa Duration For Tourism and Investments
- Foreigners Await Vietnam's Potential Visa Rule Relaxation
- Vietnam Visa Approval Letter - Your Key To Hassle-Free Entry
- Vietnam E-visa Re-opening
- Vietnam launches e-visas for visitors from 40 countries
- Vietnam Entry Requirements 2023: Check Info For Uk Citizens
- Vietnamese Citizens To Enjoy Visa-Free Entry To Chile
- List Of Country Is Eligible To Apply For Vietnam E-Visa 2023