Explore Top Adventure Travel Activities In Vietnam
Vietnam has become a must-visit destination for adventure seekers from all over the world. With its stunning landscapes, breathtaking beaches, and rich cultural heritage, there is something for everyone here. From trekking through the verdant jungles to rock climbing the towering mountains, Vietnam offers a plethora of thrilling experiences for those seeking an adrenaline rush. Whether you are a seasoned adventurer or a first-time traveler, top adventure travel activities in Vietnam will provide you with a unique and unforgettable experience that you will cherish for a lifetime.
How Many Types Of Adventure Travel In Vietnam?
Vietnam is a great place for adventure travel because of its various landscapes, which include stunning mountain ranges, lush forests, and clean rivers. You won't regret visiting Vietnam if you want to test your limits while taking in everything that a place has to offer. Here are some of the adventure travel types in Vietnam:
- Outdoor adventure travel: Exploring nature and raising your heart rate are the main goals here. Hiking, trekking, mountaineering, and rock climbing are a few popular pastimes.
- Wildlife adventure travel: Including seeing animals in their natural settings and engaging with them. Safari trips and visiting sanctuaries are a few examples of these things to do.
- Water adventure travel: Including thrilling water sports like kayaking, canoeing, sailing, and yachting as well as scuba diving, snorkeling, surfing, and other water sports.
- Extreme adventure travel: This revolves around pushing your limits and taking risks, including skydiving, bungee jumping, canyoning, etc.
List Types Of Adventure Travel Activities To Try In Vietnam
For those who want to escape the hustle and bustle of the cities and yearn to reconnect with nature, Vietnam is ideal for a range of trekking adventures. Among the most sought-after trekking routes are those in the area in and around Sa Pa, a mountainous region in the north of the country. This area is famous for Fansipan Peak, the highest peak in Vietnam and Indochina, with an elevation of 3144 meters (10282 feet). Typically, visitors need three days to reach the top if trekking here. It is also one of the most popular trekking routes. However, for those who are not ready for an arduous trek with steep and uneven terrain, the Central Highlands region is an ideal alternative. The highlands boast a variety of trails suitable for hikers of all levels, making it the perfect destination for those looking for a more moderate challenge.
- Suggested places: Ba Den Mountain (Tay Ninh), Ta Nang – Phan Dung (Binh Thuan – Lam Dong), Da Do Mountain (Ninh Thuan), Bidoup (Lam Dong), etc.
This is our recommendation for you Check Out Top 5 Destinations For Trekking In Vietnam
Tourists hiking in the mountains with backpacks near rice terraces in Sapa Vietnam
Vietnam's abundance of picturesque rivers and lakes makes it an ideal destination for kayaking enthusiasts. Kayaking has rapidly gained popularity over the years as an enthralling and immersive way to experience Vietnam's natural landscape. While gently paddling along the waters, one can appreciate the breathtaking surroundings and explore the country's stunning rivers, lakes, and coastal waters. Kayaking caters to both those seeking a tranquil, scenic experience and those craving an exhilarating exploration of the landscape. With a plethora of kayaking sites in Vietnam, numerous options are available to commence your journey and discover the country's natural beauty from a unique perspective.
- Suggested places: Tuyen Lam Lake (Da Lat), Back Beach (Ba Ria – Vung Tau), Saigon River (HCMC), Phu Quy Beach (Binh Thuan)
Paragliding is a highly sought-after adventure in Vietnam that appeals to locals and visitors. It is a must-try experience during one's trip, as Vietnam's beautiful landscapes and varied terrain make it an ideal environment for paragliding. With the ability to glide over scenic mountain ranges, pristine beaches, and lush rice paddies, paragliders can appreciate the awe-inspiring vistas from an exceptional viewpoint. Regardless of whether one is an experienced paraglider or a novice, Vietnam has something to offer everyone. The adventure comes complete with expert instructors, top-of-the-line equipment, and unparalleled views, making it a must-do activity in Vietnam.
- Suggested places: Khau Pha Pass, Mu Cang Chai (Yen Bai), Lang Co, Langbiang, Hoanh Bo (Quang Ninh), Lam Dong, etc.
Paragliders can appreciate the awe-inspiring vistas from an exceptional viewpoint
For those seeking an adrenaline-fueled water adventure, flyboarding in Vietnam is a must-try experience. This exceptional water activity entails strapping a jetpack fueled by water, put onto one's feet and taking to the skies above the water's surface. Flyboarding in Vietnam allows visitors to view the country's coastal beauty from an entirely new vantage point while escaping from the heat. Flyboarding is suitable for individuals of all ages and abilities, with experienced instructors available to provide guidance and guarantee safety.
- Suggested places: Nha Trang, Da Nang, Phu Quoc, etc.
Flyboarding in Vietnam is a must-try experience when traveling to Vietnam
From soaring through the forest canopy to flying over the rushing rivers and stunning landscapes, zipline in Vietnam is a must-try for any thrill-seeker. With wild and pristine nature, the Zipline takes visitors across many rivers, streams, lakes, and trees and is an outstanding adventure must-do in Vietnam. Although it may look daunting, ziplining in Vietnam is a safe activity, as participants are always secured to a fixed rope, ensuring their safety at all times. Overall, ziplining is a thrilling adventure that should be on everyone's bucket list while visiting Vietnam.
- Suggested places: Da Lat (Lam Dong), Vung Tau (Ba Ria - Vung Tau), Phong Nha Ke Bang (Quang Binh), Phu Quoc, etc.
Vietnam is home to several large sand dunes located within a desert microclimate, making it the perfect destination for sandboarding enthusiasts. Visitors can rent a board and climb to the top of the dunes before riding down at high speeds. Few places in Asia offer this kind of experience, so this exhilarating activity is a must-try for anyone looking for a unique and exciting experience in Vietnam. Moreover, the sandboarding experience can be combined with a scenic off-road motorbike adventure along a trail that runs parallel to the beach, providing an opportunity to explore the stunning landscape of Vietnam.
- Suggested places: Mui Ne (Phan Thiet)
Visitor experiences sandboarding in the sand dunes
Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park is a remarkable destination for cave exploration in Vietnam. The park is home to some of the most impressive and stunning caves, such as the gigantic Hang Son Doong and other remarkable underground formations like Hang En and Phong Nha. The cave exploration tours in Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park offer a unique opportunity to witness the natural wonders of these magnificent caves. Visitors will embark on an exciting journey that may involve wading through underground rivers, climbing over rocks, and crawling through narrow passageways to discover hidden chambers filled with stunning rock formations, including stalactites and stalagmites.
- Suggested places: Son Doong (Quang Binh), Trang An cave complex (Ninh Binh), Tam Coc Bich Dong (Ninh Binh), Dau Go cave (Quang Ninh), etc.
Phong Nha Ke Bang is home to some of the most impressive and stunning caves
The Vietnam Mountain Marathon
For those with stamina and endurance, the Vietnam Mountain Marathon is the ultimate thrill-seeking adventure. This one-day running event is the most challenging in the country, covering a grueling 100-kilometer course that begins near Sa Pa and passes through valleys, mountains, and minority villages. The race has gained legendary status among the regional running communities. However, if you're not up for such a challenge, there are other options available. You can choose to participate in the 10-kilometer fun run or half and full marathons before attempting the punishing ultras of 70 and 100 kilometers. This annual event is a must for anyone passionate about running and is definitely worth participating in.
- Suggested places: Sapa, a spectacular mountain region in North Vietnam, etc.
Vietnam is a haven for adventurous travelers who crave adrenaline-pumping activities. Thrill-seekers have endless options, from exploring the untouched waters through diving to conquering the highest peak of Indochina.
What are you waiting for? Vietnam awaits you. Before having the opportunity to participate in types of adventure travel activities in Vietnam, applying for a Vietnam visa is a necessary step for international travelers. And Travel Insurance is strongly advised to tourists to ensure a safe trip when taking part in trekking tours in Vietnam.
- Explore Top Adventure Travel Activities In Vietnam
- The Best Vietnamese Vegan Dishes Worth A Try
- 8 Best Things To Do In Vietnam For An Unforgettable Trip
- Ride Through Vietnam's Adventures on a Motorbike
- Off The Beaten Path Trekking Destinations in Vietnam
- Reunification Day in Vietnam - Honoring Heroes and Celebrating Unity
- How Regional Diversity Shapes The Vietnamese Cuisine Flavors
- Vietnamese Water Puppetry: An Ancient Tradition In A Modern World
- Uncovering Vietnam's Popular Cultural Landmarks:Let's Check!
- Tourism Destinations Must Go In North Area, Vietnam
- Southern Vietnam - Top-rated Attractions Not To Miss
- Top Vietnamese Traditional Food On Tet Holiday That You Should Try
- Top Vietnamese Festivals Travelers Add On The Bucket List
- Exploring The Diversity Of Vietnamese Dishes
- Check Out The Best Time To Visit Vietnam
- Weather In Vietnam In December: Ideal Conditions For Adventure And Relaxation
- Everything Relating To Vietnam Lunar New Year Traditions
- Lunar New Year Festival - What To Know About Tet Holiday?
- Vietnamese cuisine discovery: Get a tour of the best restaurants in Vietnam
- Vaccine Passport: New Vietnam Travel Restrictions With Covid-19
- A comprehensive guide to the best Vietnam beaches
- Ao Dai - The Hidden Beauty In Traditional Vietnamese Dress
- Vietnam Introduce Vietnam Travel Visa For Taiwanese
- Travel To Vietnam: The Ultimate Guide
- Little Known "Secrets" About Famous Places To Visit In Vietnam
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Experience Tet Celebrations in Vietnam Like a Local 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Join us if you dare for a halloween scare
- Wonderful beaches in Southeast Asia
- Southeast Asia - A Wonderful Journey
- 35% Off E-Visas For You And Your Friends! Let's Travel
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- HOTTEST DISCOUNT to celebrate the BIGGEST HOLIDAY!
- 20% off for making eVisa! Let's energize yourself now!
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Hot! 20% off for Visa to Vietnam beaches! Find out now!
- Foreign tourists happy with Vietnam’s visa exemption policy
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Best Things to Do in Vietnam (Part 1)
- Quench Your Thirst with These 9 Must-Try Vietnamese Drinks – Part 2!
- April Deals of Vietnam Visa – 25% OFF
- 9 Must-Try Vietnamese Drinks – Part 1
- Special Offer on Women’s Day!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- Vietnam celebrates the National Day - Sep 02, 2017
- One-year multiple Vietnam visa for US citizens
- Five countries in Europe happy to enjoy Vietnam visa exemption
- Top 10 best souvenirs from Vietnam
- Vietnam Topography
- Religions in Vietnam
- Climate in Vietnam
- The Timeless Charm of Vietnamese Traditional Instruments
- Food in the Central
- Food in the South
- Food in the North
- Vietnam Festivals in 2015
- Vietnamese Traditional Costumes
- 10 Top Tourist Attractions in Vietnam
- Vietnam Public Holidays in 2015